Re: [dev] Collecting sins of Apple

From: Martin Kühne <mysatyre_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 15:10:59 +0200

On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 12:19 PM, Markus Teich
<markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de> wrote:
> Martin Kühne wrote:
>> TL;DR, while I'm sure most of this stuff holds further scrutiny, I just doubt
>> it's generally a good idea to list so many problems while providing no
>> technical context whatsoever.
>
> Heyho Martin,
>
> I didn't want to do the whole schoolwork for Lukáš, so I just gave a
> hint/possible fact which he should be able to check himself. It's important to
> learn how to research arguments to build your own oppinion. Providing Lukáš with
> ready-to-use text blocks would just increase the filter-bubble problem. I think
> other responses had similar intentions.
>
> --Markus

So, OP, take note and don't leak our laziness into your final product.
I chimed in because I totally missed any mention of OP's
responsibility here. The problem is that I feel like copy+paste can
really misrepresent the open source community as a whole. The few of
us content with researching a subject poorly with little to no
aspiration to technical detail and accuracy may cause real harm to the
many of us who take a lot of care about these things. So it does you
and us a favor to look at issues with care.

Which means, you are left with pointers into a few directions really
worth looking into more closely, and as I'm not in depth educated
about thing I wouldn't buy myself, I'd be actually interested in your
findings.

cheers!
mar77i