Re: [dev] [dwm] crash on xsetroot emoji character

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 12:45:18 +0200

On Tue, 25 Oct 2016 00:09:42 -1000
Gaetan Bisson <bisson_AT_archlinux.org> wrote:

Hey Gaetan,

> I'm running the latest git snapshot of dwm on Arch Linux. It crashes
> (and the X server along with it) deterministically when I run:
>
> xsetroot -name $(printf '\xf0\x9f\xa4\x93')

thanks for the report, but it doesn't crash for me. Before beating this
horse any more, what you should do is use the stock config.def.h and
see if the problem persists there. If not, this is great, because then
you can reduce the problem (e.g. add the font of your "real" dwm
config and other things) until it starts crashing.
My intuïtion tells me this has to do something with fontconfig, but
it's just a guess.

With best regards

Laslo

--