Re: [dev] mailto: and customi URIs in surf?

From: Evan Gates <evan.gates_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 07:49:13 -0800

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 12:17 AM, Jean Louis <bugs_AT_gnu.support> wrote:
> Even I always wanted to learn C, in my country we did not have
> documentation, so I did not know where to begin, and don't know it
> even now.
>
> How did you start learning C?

The best bet is still to buy a copy of "The C Programming Language"
often referred to as K&R due to the authors' names Kernighan and
Ritchie. Make sure to get the second edition that explains ANSI C,
otherwise known as C89 or C90. Here's an amazon link[0]. It's a great
introduction to the language. After learning that you can very easily
learn the new stuff introduced by C99 and if you want C11 (although
use of C11 tends to be discouraged around here).

I wholly agree with mar77i that ##c on freenode is a great resource.
And I too really started using C when I found suckless. I wanted a
different layout for dwm, then I wanted an extra feature in sic, next
thing I know I'm starting to understand C and now it's my language of
choice.

Good luck!
-emg

[0] https://www.amazon.com/Programming-Language-Brian-W-Kernighan/dp/0131103628/