Re: [dev] [st/dwm] Alt-Shift-C and Mod1-Shift-C

From: Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 21:05:49 -0500

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017, at 13:25, Patrick Bucher wrote:
> I'm using st and dwm at the same time, and today I discovered a little
> problem
> when using the default config of both programs. st uses Alt-Shift-C to
> copy text
> into the clipboard, dwm uses Mod1-Shift-C for closing the selected
> window,
> whereas Mod1 is Alt by default, at least on my machine. (Maybe some of
> you use
> Super_L, vulgo "the Windows key".)
>
> So guess what happened when I was trying to copy some code into the
> clipboard
> today ;-)
>
> How do you deal with that?

I think that you are correct: by default there is a clash, which I think
is inelegant. However, I usually copy using mouse selection and paste
using middle mouse button (Button 2).

Also, I find that using Alt as the mod key for dwm clashes too much with
other programs, so sometimes I use Ctrl+Alt and sometimes I use Super
(MS Windows) key.