Re: [dev] surf crash

From: Greg Minshall <minshall_AT_acm.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 06:41:02 -0800

Cág,

> Okay, try re-installing webkit, both -dev and
> the package. I'm not really sure what's the
> problem.

no change, sigh. i guess i'll just leave this "open" for the time
being.

> By the way, if you are an ex-BSD user, you may
> want to try Alpine[1]. Stripped; elegant package
> management; no systemd, dbus, GNU etc.; you
> can also pull the ports, but packages are
> usually compiled the way they should be. And
> the documentation is pretty good.

thanks for the pointer. it would be nice running a system that i've
built from the sources. though i'm not sure Alpine is really designed
with that in mind; maybe gentoo is reasonable (sort of "digging" for
suggestions here)?

cheers, Greg