Re: [dev] Question about arg.h

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 13:13:30 +0200

On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 20:28:12 -0500
Daniel Xu <dxu_AT_dxuuu.xyz> wrote:

Hey Daniel,

> I'm currently familiarizing myself with various pieces of suckless
> code. One thing keeps bothering me, though:
>
> What is EARGF() and ARGF() shorthand for? I can more or less tell what
> they do but the best I can come up with is "Error arg flag" and "Arg
> flag", respectively.

"ARGF" means something like "flag argument", so to say it interprets
the consecutive data as the flag argument depending on the context.
The E-prefix just says that if that's not possible, it should nut just
return NULL, but call a certain function (given in the argument) and
then exit.

With best regards

Laslo

--