Re: [dev] Writing subtitles for videos

From: Mattias Andrée <maandree_AT_kth.se>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 11:48:48 +0200

On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 11:34:00 +0200
Quentin Rameau <quinq_AT_fifth.space> wrote:

> Hi Mattias
>
> > I tried it out, it sucked donkey balls; i'd rather just use
> > ffplay and a text editor; the video playback didn't even work
> > for me.
>
> Isn't this something that could be done with blind?
> I wonder if this would be within its goal scope.

I'm not planing to do subtitles, I want to keep it purely
video. However, it's in the todo-list to make a simple
graphical tool for finding frames. It will have video and
audio playback, keyframe listing, and maybe waveforms, as
well as timestamp and frame number. So it will be useful
as an alternative to the ffplay part.