[dev] [Announcement] slstatus

From: Aaron Marcher <me_AT_drkhsh.at>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 23:43:28 +0200

Hi,

To all of you who have not noticed it yet:
During the suckless hackathon 2017 slstatus was imported into suckless.

> slstatus is a suckless status monitor for window managers that use WM_NAME
> (e.g. dwm) or stdin to fill the status bar.

Basically it started as a fork of dwmstatus (which is now deprecated in favour
of slstatus). Now it is a lightweight status monitor written in C which can
display a lot of useful information using resource efficient information
gathering methods. It can be easily configured for any usecase using config.h.

I started this project some year ago to fit my personal needs. Apparently the
community around suckless and specifically dwm liked my program and quite a few
people use it every day. I am happy to have this project on suckless now!

The repos are:
https://git.drkhsh.at/slstatus
https://git.suckless.org/slstatus

I am always welcome to constructive criticism and patches!

Cheers!
Aaron

--
Web: https://drkhsh.at/ or http://drkhsh5rv6pnahas.onion/
Gopher: gopher://drkhsh.at or gopher://drkhsh5rv6pnahas.onion