Re: [dev] [Announcement] slstatus

From: Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 23:52:27 +0200

On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 23:43:28 +0200
Aaron Marcher <me_AT_drkhsh.at> wrote:

Dear Aaron,

> To all of you who have not noticed it yet:
> During the suckless hackathon 2017 slstatus was imported into
> suckless.
>
> I started this project some year ago to fit my personal needs.
> Apparently the community around suckless and specifically dwm liked
> my program and quite a few people use it every day. I am happy to
> have this project on suckless now!

thanks for your hard work on this program! I'm sure it will prove to be
useful to some people.
I am aware that there are other status-monitor-programs around, but I
think it's a good start to take one and put together the mess of single
code snippets we currently find on the dwmstatus-page on
dwm.suckless.org.

It certainly is a good start and as a long-term goal maybe to turn
slstatus into a program that supports both OpenBSD and Linux.

Keep up the good work!

With best regards

Laslo Hunhold

--