[dev] [surf] [patch] Optionally handle downloads through webkit.

From: Arturo Espinosa <arturoea_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 14:12:48 -0600

Hi.

First of all, thank you for surf. It's a great, minimalistic shell for
webkit, and it has proven of great value for our current project. Big
thumbs up for that, thanks.

We are working on a POS system and using surf as part of our
kiosk-like solution.

Part of our system requires to be able to save a Blob to the local
filesystem, to export CSV files and such. You can check this kind of
functionality here:

https://datatables.net/extensions/buttons/examples/initialisation/export

The problem is that with the way surf currently handles downloads, it
is not possible to handle Blob URIs, since these are resources that
are only accessible through the web component's internal state.

Our current solution is to disable curl spawning within surf's code,
and let webkit handle the download silently. This is an adequate
solution for us, and we are sending you a small patch that enables
this functionality as a command-line option.

You can check the pull request here:

https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/pupitetris/suckless-surf/pull/1

And get the patch/diff here:

https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/pupitetris/suckless-surf/pull/1.patch
https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/pupitetris/suckless-surf/pull/1.diff

I hope you find this modification adequate.

Greetings,
Arturo