Re: [dev] freetype2/fc pain

From: AR Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 12:51:23 -0700

On Fri, 19 Oct 2018 at 07:04, David Demelier <markand_AT_malikania.fr> wrote:
> Le 23/09/2018 à 06:10, AR Garbe a écrit :
> > Back in the days I also concluded that the introduction of Xinerama
> > and multihead support was a bad idea after all.
> >
> > I'm really at a point to consider forking dwm and dmenu to simply rely
> > on X11 as it used to be, perhaps with going the extra mile to remove
> > Xinerama support as well and to rely on single headed setups.
>
> Are you saying that you would like to remove the support for multiple
> screens?

No. However I've come up with a smaller dwm.c that excludes most of
the Screen abstraction and allows to be compiled without XINERAMA
support enabled and a xinerama.c that introduces the Screen primitives
and contains the sendmon() et. al. functions.

It's still not final yet, but I'm considering this as right move.

> If yes, please don't minimize the number of multiheads setups, both at
> work and at home I have two monitors. Or as Quentin said at least in a
> separate patch.

No worries, xinerama will be supported, but I wanted to have a leaner
core dwm without xinerama.

Best regards,
Anselm