[dev] GPL free Linux

From: Alessandro Pistocchi <apukfreelance_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 03:01:02 +0100

Hi everyone,

I am new to suckless.org. I have seen some of your projects and I think I share a vision with you guys to make things as simple as possible but not simpler.

I am working on a project to remove gpl stuff from Linux userspace ( I am ok with GPL executables but not with GPL or LGPL libraries ) and I see that your projects tend towards more open licenses.

Particularly, I want to replace udev with smdev.

I was wondering if anybody would be interested in helping me.

My aim is to create a Linux distribution that is simple to get started with but at the same time is a credible alternative to windows and macos as a desktop machine.

I want something like a modern version of a home computer like the Amiga was many years ago but with current features like GPU and all the goodies we have now.

I have some of the skills required but not all of them and you guys seem to have what I need.

Hope I piqued your interest. If you want more clarifications please do ask :-)

Best,
Alessandro Pistocchi

Sent from my iPhone