[dev] mus - A simple album playlist based music player

From: Hadrien Lacour <hadrien.lacour_AT_posteo.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 17:39:53 +0100

Hello,

I've just finished a simple project of mine to replace cmus with something a
bit more UNIXy and I think it could interest some people.

Here's the link: https://repo.or.cz/mus.git with an excerpt from the README:

+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Overview |
| -------- |
| |
| A well designed and easy to modify music player I made for myself. It only |
| supports FLAC and GNU/Linux, out of the box. |
| |
| Formed of three independant parts: |
| * mus_server.sh: play albums from a playlist and answer commands from the |
| client |
| * mus_client.sh: send commands to the server and receive its answers |
| read or modify the playlist based on stdin |
| * mus_album-*: fairly pick random albums (see fair_shuf/README) |
| |
| A lemonbar status script can be found at https://repo.or.cz/q3cpma-lemonbar.git. |

The main drawbacks for now are that it's Linux only because it depends on flock
(there's a more portable version at [1]) and inotify (could be replaced either
by [2] or a simple polling loop).

[1] https://github.com/discoteq/flock
[2] https://github.com/emcrisostomo/fswatch