[dev] Re: mus - A simple album playlist based music player

From: Andy Valencia <ajv-dederthertoi_AT_vsta.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2018 15:29:14 -0800 (PST)

> I've just finished a simple project of mine to replace cmus with something a
> bit more UNIXy and I think it could interest some people.
I wrestled with various ways of conveniently playing my music,
and eventually came up with:

    http://sources.vsta.org:7100/wplayer

You run it on the server with all your tracks (my own collection runs
around 200k files, flac/mp3/ogg), and then you just point your web
browser at wplayer running on your server. Both Firefox and Chrome
support flac/mp3/ogg, but if you're tight on bandwidth you can add
"?noflac" to the URL and it'll transcode flac to ogg as you play
files.

Andy