Re: [dev] using vis (libtermkey) and netbsd-curses (was: oasis: small linux system inspired by stali)

From: Leonardo Taccari <iamleot_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 14:13:30 +0100

Hello Daniel,

Daniel Cegiełka writes:
> [...]
> It works fine, because they don't use netbsd-curses but ncurses.
>
> http://pkgsrc.se/wip/vis-editor
> http://pkgsrc.se/devel/ncursesw
>
> [...]

I had a local package to update it to the latest stable version
around but I have only committed it few hours ago and pkgsrc.se is
probably not updated to reflect that:

 <https://wip.pkgsrc.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pkgsrc-wip.git;a=tree;f=vis-editor>

(and, no, ncursesw is no longer used)

> [...]
> libtermkey requires ncurses. If you use netbsd-curses, the libtermkey
> compilation will fail. I showed how to do it and use it vis without
> having to install ncurses.

At least wip/libtermkey package does not depends on ncurses.

> # touch f1 f2 f3 f4 f5
> # ls
> f1 f2 f3 f4 f5
> # vis
> :!
> :q
> # ls
> f1 f2 f3 f4 f5
> #
>
> See attachment.

Thanks for clarifying! I can confirm that I can not reproduce it.