Re: [dev] using vis (libtermkey) and netbsd-curses (was: oasis: small linux system inspired by stali)

From: Daniel Cegiełka <daniel.cegielka_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 15:16:20 +0100

sob., 24 lis 2018 o 14:14 Leonardo Taccari <iamleot_AT_gmail.com> napisał(a):

> Hello Daniel,
>
> Daniel Cegiełka writes:
> > [...]
> > It works fine, because they don't use netbsd-curses but ncurses.
> >
> > http://pkgsrc.se/wip/vis-editor
> > http://pkgsrc.se/devel/ncursesw
> >
> > [...]
>
> I had a local package to update it to the latest stable version
> around but I have only committed it few hours ago and pkgsrc.se is
> probably not updated to reflect that:
>
> <https://wip.pkgsrc.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pkgsrc-wip.git;a=tree;f=vis-editor>
>
> (and, no, ncursesw is no longer used)

> At least wip/libtermkey package does not depends on ncurses.

How is this possible?

vis require libtermkey:

https://github.com/martanne/vis/blob/master/configure#L344

and libtermkey uses 'strnames' and 'strfnames' from ncurses:

https://github.com/o11c/libtermkey/blob/master/driver-ti.c#L186
https://github.com/o11c/libtermkey/blob/master/driver-ti.c#L201

I downloaded the entire NetBSD repository, and:

# cd src/lib
# grep -r strnames .
# grep -r strfnames .

Nothing. Maybe you use libtermkey+unibilium instead of netbsd curses?

Try to compile libtermkey with netbsd curses. I'm almost sure that
there will be an error. I do not see any patches here:

https://wip.pkgsrc.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pkgsrc-wip.git;a=tree;f=libtermkey;hb=a8b89fb583cb83b0ce1323596596cf7fdd306ef4
https://wip.pkgsrc.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pkgsrc-wip.git;a=blob;f=libtermkey/options.mk;h=53fd3c3943ec6f035ad88b102b325b362f22d4b7;hb=a8b89fb583cb83b0ce1323596596cf7fdd306ef4

Daniel