Re: [dev] Yet another "sane alternatives" thread

From: <sylvain.bertrand_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 16:01:20 +0000

On Wed, Dec 26, 2018 at 09:39:29AM -0600, Cág wrote:
> Would systemd be bug-free, it would still suck. It's not only the language
> or bugs. PulseAudio is C, too ^_^

I send you back to one of my previous email why saying this is an intellectual
falacy. Let's reverse this falacy: jack is pure cr*p like pulseaudio, gosh,
it's c++! And, as I said earlier, bad c++ programs are worst than bad C
programs, then pulse sucks less than jack... WAIT! alsa/dmix sucks less than
pulse!!! You can trash peacefully pulse and jack now.

Let's drop the hypocrit stance now: pulse is mostly used though alsa API, as a
software audio mixer. I use alsa with dmix. I remember a long time ago I did
approach the alsa devs in order to improve dmix, but they did not want to
(it's x86/x86-64 assembly optimized).

We agree, pulse and systemd are really bad (same dev...). That's why when I
deal with mainstream distros (usually I have my own), I favor devuan and not
debian, which is free from systemd.

--
Sylvain