[dev] [surf] copying to clipboard instead of primary

From: Caio Barros <caio.barros_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 15:36:43 -0200

Hello,

For some time I've been struggling with clipboard selection on surf.
It seemed to me that it was inconsistent: if i used the mouse do copy
text it worked, but Ctrl-c didn't seem to always work. After trying to
use Ctrl-y to copy the current URL I noticed that I could paste it
using the middle mouse click, but not using, for instance Ctrl-Shift-V
in st.

After digging a little bit I finally discovered the difference of
PRIMARY and CLIPBOARD selections in X[1]. So, if I understand
correctly, using Ctrl-C or Ctrl-y in surf copies text to PRIMARY, is
that right? If so, my question is how to either change this behavior
of surf or consistently paste text copied to the PRIMARY selection
using the keyboard instead of the middle mouse click?

If what I'm seeing is not the expected behavior, then what should it
be? I'm not sure if this is related but I noticed that if I type
Ctrl-Shift-o to open the Inspector nothing happens.

Thanks!
Caio

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Clipboard