Re: [dev] Request version bump for 9base

From: Anselm Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 09:14:02 -0800

Hi Stephen,

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 at 01:14, Stephen Gregoratto <dev_AT_sgregoratto.me> wrote:
> I am interested in creating an OpenBSD port of 9base, as the current p9p
> port depends on ghostscript (which I don't need on a server). However,
> the current tagged version of 9base is now 8.5 years old, and there have
> been many commits added since.
>
> Would it be possible for 9base to be "officially" bumped to version 7?

We need to sync 9base against p9p tip first, then we can bump. We
should have bumped like 3 years ago when there was the last effort on
syncing with p9p.

I hope to do that during the next days and then we can release
9base-7. I like that idea, since I'm still running a bunch of rc
monitoring scripts besides werc, that work fine with "just" 9base.

BR,
Anselm