Re: [dev] [slstatus] CLOCK_BOOTTIME not available for old Linux/glibc

From: Quentin Rameau <quinq_AT_fifth.space>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 11:08:58 +0100

Hi all,

> > I think the important point here is if it is POSIX. If it is not
> > then maybe we should think to revert to CLOCK_MONOTONIC.
>
> CLOCK_BOOTTIME is not POSIX, but CLOCK_MONOTONIC is[0]. CLOCK_BOOTTIME
> was added in Linux 2.6.39 and is Linux-specific[1].
>
> Thus, I would be in favor of going with CLOCK_MONOTONIC.

Well, if I undertand correctly, the goal here is to get the time since
boot, generally since CLOCK_BOOTTIME was initialized, and this one
doesn't get updated during suspend (at wake up).

So this doesn't really fit here.
slstatus is already full of ifdefs (which I was opposed to), so why not
keeping it here anyway?