Re: [dev] Let's talk about Go, baby

From: Anselm Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 17:18:46 -0800

On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 at 09:54, Nick <suckless-dev_AT_njw.me.uk> wrote:
> Anybody else enjoying Go? Or hating it? Have I become lazy and
> trendy in my middle age?

Nice try.

C89 (or C99) clearly remains the preferred language for suckless
software. However, when forced into typical day job developments to
fund your well being, golang might actually be the sanest option on
the table -- in order to avoid worse options such as Rust, Java,
Kotlin, Scala, Ruby, C#, Swift etc.

But the odds are, that golang won't hold up the clarity of C when it
reaches its 30th year of existence.

If you intend your software to be translated with low effort also in
20 years time, I'd rather stick to C to be on the safe side of things.

Best regards,
Anselm