Re: [dev] [dmenu] -w crashes on transparent windows

From: Maciej Sumalvico <macjan_AT_o2.pl>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2019 23:28:42 +0100

On Mar 02 21:09, Eon S. Jeon wrote:
> Yeah, but it's becoming a little tedious that st/dmenu/tabbed (and
> probably surf) all should have their own `alpha` patch. You know,
> transparency is *addictive*.

Yeah, that's right. Actually I only need transparency for the terminal, but
then again I need tabbed terminals and dmenu inside a terminal window... ;)

AFAIK you can also achieve transparency by compton's opacity rules [1] and this
even works without any alpha patches. I think I'll settle on this solution.

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Compton#Opacity