Re: [dev] Learn C

From: <sylvain.bertrand_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 15:53:53 +0000

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 10:08:28AM +0200, ab wrote:
> Expect a thousand conflicting opinions. If you're truly interested in
> programming, your best bet is to look at as many ideas as possible then
> working on your ability to sort the bullshit out.

"opinions" is the right term: subjective personal choices based mostly on
personal tastes and context. In my previous email (which was not delivered by
gmail yet because suckless mx was offline) I was talking about where you want
to draw your "lines".

Those "opinions" become bullshits when they increase in a significant way the
complexity and number of dependencies of a stack of software components (SDK
included): because this metric is mostly absolute, and this is why "suckless"
exists.

After 3 decades of programing, I am still discovering "bullshits": The last
bullshit is python (kind of slowly replacing perl5, and I remember being a
python fan boy a decade ago... pepe hands), and the one before was the
"javascript web" and I quickly did figure out the c++/java/similar bullshit a
long time ago.

--
Sylvain