[dev] [st] Blinking clock in ncmpcpp

From: Miekiv <miekiv_AT_protonmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2019 20:56:34 +0000

Hi, recently I started using ncmpcpp on my arch linux machine as my music player and noticed that the clock is blinking.
I checked on both vanilla st 0.8.2 and on the fork I use ( https://gitlab.com/Matii/st ) and the blinking happens on both. However, this issue doesn't occur on other terminals (urxvt, xfce terminal, xterm), which leads me to believe that it's an issue with st. I asked about this issue on suckless' IRC server and a guy using void linux said that he has the same issue on his fork of st. I decided to set up a virtual machine and check there, but this time the problem didn't occur. On my main machine, I tried downgrading ncmpcpp and ncurses, changing xfps and actionfps in config.h to different values. Here's a video showing the issue: https://youtu.be/qeqgBJYxPwM
I have no clue what may be the cause of this problem and I don't know how to troubleshoot it.
Do you have this problem too? Do you have any ideas for a fix?

Thank you in advance for all replies!