[dev] [st] terminal app resizing redraw artifacts

From: Kai Ting <kkting_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 22:34:59 -0700

Hello!

I have been using st for a while trying to transition fully from xterm.
However one issue I couldn't resolve for the life of me is that under dwm
and st, changing the windows size sometimes results in colored flashes
around the window area before the running application redraws the screen.
Apart from resizing windows, fast scroll back/forward also results in very
bright flashes. I cannot reproduce the same issue with xterm. Please see
attached gif capturing this issue using vim 8.2, st 0.8.4 and dwm 6.2.

Any hints/guidance? I looked at the code briefly (xresize() etc) and don't
see anything obvious that can change such behavior.

Thanks,

Kai

st_vim_resize.gif
(image/gif attachment: st_vim_resize.gif)

xterm_vim_resize.gif
(image/gif attachment: xterm_vim_resize.gif)