Re: [dev] tlsrp: a simple TLS reverse proxy

From: Jan Klemkow <j.klemkow_AT_wemelug.de>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 11:24:06 +0200

Hi Nihal,

On Sun, Jul 05, 2020 at 04:19:13PM -0500, Nihal Jere wrote:
> I wrote a very simple TLS reverse proxy which can be used as a companion
> to quark. Essentially, it just turns quark's HTTP into HTTPS. It depends
> only on libtls (from LibreSSL) and libbsd (for strlcpy).
>
> You can read more about it here:
> https://nihaljere.xyz/words/tlsrp.html
>
> and clone it from here:
> git://nihaljere.xyz/tlsrp
>
> I would appreciate any comments or criticism.

Its a nice project. I cloned your repository and make some changes.
Look at https://github.com/younix/tlsrp I tried to make small changes
with explicit comments. So, you can see, what and why I change things.

I did...

 1. I refactored the Makefile to make it more portable
 2. Add dependencies in your make rules
 3. Increase compiler warnings and fix issues for better code quallity

Additionally someone should...

 4. You need to choose a Licence for you project. So, others know
    under which terms they can use your software. I would recommend
    ISC or MIT licence.
 5. You should change the command parameters. Choose one character
    options for your parameters and use getopt(3) to parse them.

At least, I like your project and hope you could bring it in a final
state.

bye,
Jan