Re: [dev] How to add client side certificates for https authentication in surf

From: Quentin Rameau <quinq_AT_fifth.space>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 21:38:30 +0100

Hello Alex,

> I've recently switched to surf, and I failed to set up a client-side
> certificate authentication, for accessing various servers...
> The only solution I've come up with is setting up a local nginx proxy
> server with the needed certificate.(non practical)
>
> Is there any way of integrating such a thing in surf? If there is a way,
> please help resolve this...

At the current time, there isn't a builtin way in surf to use
client-side certificates, and I'm actually not sure if webkit2gtk can
handle those at all…
All I can find at first glance is a way to handle user/pass schemes
(https://webkitgtk.org/reference/webkit2gtk/stable/WebKitAuthenticationRequest.html#webkit-credential-new).

Tell us if you're able to find more, maybe we can sort something out!