Re: [dev] Checksums and Sig files for release gzip

From: Mattias Andrée <maandree_AT_kth.se>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2021 18:57:09 +0200

This self-hosted nonsense is ludicrous. It's understandable for C compilers,
it's an old language that everyone has a compiler for and there are many
implementations, and even if you wrote it in assembly, you will just shift
the problem to the assembler. So there must be one blessed language, and
C and C++ are good options. But cannot you just download an older version
of the compiler that's presumably written in C or C++, and compile the
newest version with that version, or have they not published one, or would
you need to do it in multiple steps due to frequent language changes?

Is a compiler really open source it in cannot be compiled with another
compiler?