Re: [dev] [surf] content filter interest check

From: Benjamin Chausse <benjamin_AT_chausse.xyz>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 11:09:36 -0400

Hi there John,

> Is anyone interested in using surf with WebKit content filtering?
>
> If so, I'd like to see your must-have features and can't-have excesses. But a mere yea or nay would also be informative, if perhaps more suitable for direct contact.

Your idea sounds great, and my opinion it, would be a great addition to surf! I have tried many times to make surf my de-facto web browser but realized over time that it lacked three things to achieve this:
=> Good content filtering
=> Good password management (autofill is a must)

With those three combined, surf would be (again, in my opinion) the best of the best.

When it comes to feature sets, I might be considered to be extreme but I just love Adnauseam (adnauseam.io) which is an agressive take on content filtering. From what I can tell though, this community cares about privacy and any way tracking and/or fingerprinting can be avoided is a welcome change.

Anyway, have a great one!
-Benjamin Chausse