[dev] trying to debug dvtm: fuzz testing?

From: Greg Reagle <list_AT_speedpost.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 13:04:08 -0400

I have used dvtm in the past but gave up because of crashes that were unpredictable. I know C and I have recently learned a bit more about gdb and core dumps and debugging, so I think that I might be able to be more helpful in debugging. I doubt that I'll be able to write a patch to fix a problem, but I might be able to pinpoint a problem to a specific line and function and variable(s).

So my first question: Is there any consistently reproducible bug in dvtm? I use Debian stable (I can use the latest git version of dvtm of course). My other question: Would it be possible or a good idea to use the fuzz program to fuzz test it? Would there be a better way to fuzz test it?