Re: [dev] Enhanced arg.h from quark

From: Nikita Zlobin <nick87720z_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 21:37:00 +0500

In Tue, 6 Jul 2021 09:44:05 +0200
Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 06 Jul 2021 00:08:04 +0000
> Sebastian LaVine <mail_AT_smlavine.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Sebastian,
>
> > Might I recommend using https://0x0.st or
> > https://ix.io for pastebins. You can read and
> > write to them using curl, or still use the browser
> > but without the extra fat and JS of pastebin.com.
>
> I'd recommend just attaching them as files. They don't take up much
> size and would make it much more archivable. Pastebin-links can be
> dead within months.
>
> With best regards
>
> Laslo

This took a while to prepare :) ...

JS is not required for pastebin.com to be functional. I tested with
palemoon, where I have all JS off. Thus, 'surf -s' should have no
problem.

I noticed only one diff from JS there: opening 'print' link invokes
print dialog, while without JS it only loads new page. Unfortunally,
'print' mode, which loads syntax-highlightex content without
surrounding, is denied for direct load (referer is required), though it
may be loaded in 'Raw'.

Lynx and w3m can display pastebin.com, but syntax highlight is broken.
Perhaps, because these browsers don't support html colors via proper
sequences for 256colors or truecolor.

ix and 0x0 seem created with terms in mind, but unfriendly for regular
browsers. Browsers filter ESC chars, but not full 'ESC[...m' sequences,
which breaks output, this is trued for term browsers as well, like w3m
and lynx.

also: ix needs https. As w3m browser authors said in response to one of
my proposal (option to pass unmodified esc sequences, sent by some
sites like wttr.in), this would be vulnerability. This may be not case
if site is trusted, but with unsecure connection this is trouble.
https://github.com/tats/w3m/issues/131

My best guess: 0x0 to use with terminals. Could be 'ix' too, but then
urls to ix posts must be accompanied with checksums for data at these
urls.

About removal period: pastebin allowes unlimited store period, but when
I published, I set it only for code itself, objdump diffs with one
objdump in the end are intentionally set to 1 year (max defined limit).
For nopaste.net max is 2 year of not more, but there's no 'infinite'
option.

I assumed some of my pastes may be too big to be pasted in message.
Can't remember, did I see mailing lists requiring big texts to be
attached or be at pastebin. Or that's only about bugtrackers and IRC?

Btw, did anyone try nopaste.ml =)
I discovered it while trying to remember, what nopaste service did I
use back in 2012 (perhaps it was nopaste.net).