[dev] Tiny VMs and parsers

From: <ribal_AT_cocaine.ninja>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 18:19:02 +0200

Hi all,

I've been following the book "Crafting Interpreters [1]" to learn how to
write my own VM and parser in C and now I'm searching for some
tiny/suckless implementations of both VMs and parsers in C, so I can see
some other approaches to this question.

At this moment I've found this guide from Bartosz Sypytkowski [2], but
is only works with int values and lacks the compiler.

Which non obfuscated tiny code do you recommend to study as a reference
of how simple an interpreted language can be (preferred non lisp,
supporting infix notation).

[1] https://craftinginterpreters.com/
[2] https://bartoszsypytkowski.com/simple-virtual-machine/

Thank you all,