Re: [dev] tcvt: very useful for seeing more at once

From: Martin Tournoij <martin_AT_arp242.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2021 07:20:09 +0800

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021, at 03:55, Greg Reagle wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2021, at 2:24 PM, Markus Wichmann wrote:
>> You know, if you were trying to shill the program, you might have done
>> better if you had provided the homepage. I searched for "tcvt", and all
>
> Shill--I wish. I get no money from people using it. Just trying to be helpful.
> http://subdivi.de/~helmut/tcvt/

Ah, this seems nice; unfortunately it wreaks havoc on my (st) terminal; it resets some colours, and many basic keys don't work (e.g. ^U, arrow keys, function keys), etc. It's not very functional.

Terminals are always fun.

I wonder if there's a way to do the same with tmux 🤔 In Vim you can use :vsplit and :scrollbind, but that works on in, well, Vim.

Also suspect you can get pretty close with far less code and curses shizzle. I'll have to try some stuff later.