Re: [dev] [st] wide characters getting cropped

From: NRK <nrk_AT_disroot.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 03:52:09 +0600

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 07:51:52PM +0000, Ian Liu Rodrigues wrote:
> I've noticed that in some situations wide characters are being cropped
> on my terminal. The following script, which uses a wide character from
> the "Nerd Font Symbol"[1], shows a test case:
>

> echo -e '\e[31m \e[0m c'
> echo -e '\e[31m  \e[0mc'

Hi Liu,

I remember having the same problem in ST, however it works fine now.
Looking at my git log I haven't applied any patches for it and even the
upstream branch works fine for me.

This might be related to terminfo (5). I won't be delving any deeper
into this as I've moved over to XTerm long ago due to input latency
reasons. You might want to check FAQ provided in the ST repo.

P.S echo is non-portable. Use printf.
https://wiki.bash-hackers.org/commands/builtin/echo#portability_considerations

- NRK