[dev] Disk encryption

From: T Taylor Gurney <ttgurney_AT_ttgurney.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 12:49:07 -0500

All,

Working on another statically-linked Linux distro.

Getting an encrypted root partition is a problem. The kernel has built-in support for this and I am plenty familiar with it. But the supporting userspace tool, cryptsetup, is way too bloated and has too many dependencies, including OpenSSL.

Anyone know of a more minimal alternative solution, or even have any half-baked ideas for one? loop-AES looks most promising so far, but patching the kernel and util-linux programs is not my preference.

Taylor