Re: [dev] suckless indentation with vim

From: NRK <nrk_AT_disroot.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 14:00:09 +0600

On Tue, Jul 05, 2022 at 08:54:20AM +0200, David Demelier wrote:
> I'm not sure if it's really easy to implement a smart alignment.

Do you mean implementing it in vimscript/externally or internally?

Because I don't think implementing it internally should be difficult,
given that it already can do alignment, it just continues to use tabs as
long as possible rather than using it as much as the previous line.

Though I could be wrong, as I've never taken a look at the vim codebase.

> Of course, always better to view whitespaces when dealing with that
> mix.

Even suckless indentation aside, it's useful when you deal with multiple
codebases which use different styles.

- NRK