Re: [dev] macOS tester needed for libgrapheme

From: Anton Konyahin <me_AT_konyahin.xyz>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 11:24:43 +0300

On 09/10, Laslo Hunhold wrote:
>Hello fellow hackers,
>
>does anyone have access to a machine running the latest macOS to test
>if the library installation for libgrapheme works properly? It wouldn't
>take much time and amount to the following steps:
>
> 1. Clone libgrapheme via
> git clone https://git.suckless.org/libgrapheme
> 2. Modify config.mk (uncomment lines below macOS and unset
> LDCONFIG)
> 3. Install via
> sudo make install
> 4. Check /usr/local/lib and see which files were installed
> 5. Compile example (just take the example from the website[0])
> with
> cc -o example example.c -lgrapheme
> and check results (does it need tweaking, etc. etc.?).
>
>Thanks in advance for your help!
>
>With best regards
>
>Laslo
>
>[0]:https://libs.suckless.org/libgrapheme/

Hello, Laslo.

I have macOS 12.6 (Monterey) on MacBook. All unit test passed, instalation
succesful. I have only warning about -s option:

     ld: warning: option -s is obsolete and being ignored

Example from site compiled and run perfectly, ouput identical with text on the
site. Static version doesn't compile because of the lack of lcrt0.o, but this
is macOS problem.

Thank you for your work, really want to use libgrapheme in my c pet project.

Anton.