Re: [dev] macOS tester needed for libgrapheme

From: <sekret_AT_posteo.se>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 13:42:19 +0000

* Laslo Hunhold <dev_AT_frign.de> [09.10.2022 03:03]:
>Hello fellow hackers,
>
>does anyone have access to a machine running the latest macOS to test
>if the library installation for libgrapheme works properly? It wouldn't
>take much time and amount to the following steps:
>
> 1. Clone libgrapheme via
> git clone https://git.suckless.org/libgrapheme
> 2. Modify config.mk (uncomment lines below macOS and unset
> LDCONFIG)
> 3. Install via
> sudo make install
> 4. Check /usr/local/lib and see which files were installed
> 5. Compile example (just take the example from the website[0])
> with
> cc -o example example.c -lgrapheme
> and check results (does it need tweaking, etc. etc.?).
>
>Thanks in advance for your help!
>
>With best regards
>
>Laslo
>
>[0]:https://libs.suckless.org/libgrapheme/

I've run it on a MacBook Air (M1, 2022) with an Apple M1 chip.

% ls /usr/local/lib/libgrapheme*
/usr/local/lib/libgrapheme.2.dylib /usr/local/lib/libgrapheme.a

The build process is attached and also contains this line

ld: warning: option -s is obsolete and being ignored

multiple times.

The output does NOT look exactly the same as on the homepage, see the screeshot attached. The difference is in the first line.

screenshot.png
(image/png attachment: screenshot.png)