Re: [dev] Simpler WiFi alternatives

From: Tom Schwindl <schwindl_AT_posteo.de>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 12:12:20 +0000

Hi Sagar,

On Wed May 10, 2023 at 8:38 PM CEST, Sagar Acharya wrote:
> I think routers ought to be way simpler than they currently are. I wonder if y'all can recommend me some minimal C code which can be used as a router.
>
> I think that if the analog pins of arduino are connected to an antenna, and a C code similar to,
>
> while 1
>     If (switch_1==1)        create_connection_with_handshake()
>     else if (switch_1==0)        send_packet_to_isp()
>         receive_packet_from_isp()
>
> Something like that. Are there some existent projects like that? I really don't think a router requires LibreCMC or OpenWRT like gigantic OSes.
>

> Thanking you
> Sagar Acharya
> http://humaaraartha.in <https://humaaraartha.in>

It's pretty clear that you don't know enough about the internet, its protocols
and how communication and addressing works. It's a complex mess and what
you're trying to do won't work. You should acquire basic knowledge in order
to ask more precise questions or, more importantly, answer them yourself.
Start to inform yourself about networking and the inner workings of networking
devices instead of spamming this list with the same stuff over and over again.
As someone prior to me said, you act like you're on reddit.

--
Best Regards,
Tom Schwindl