[Mail style feedback] ]Re: [dev] Simpler WiFi alternatives [w/ bonus oneliner]

From: Marcel Plch <dormouse_AT_plch.xyz>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 19:28:42 +0200

On Wed, Jun 28, 2023 at 12:22:16PM -0400, fossy_AT_dnmx.org wrote:
> [...]
> you lack the vocabulary and grammar to express yourself properly. That
> might not always be true, but it is true enough of the time that most
> people in this world will make that presumption until it has been
> disproven.
> >
> > >I got a feeling like you and I are somehow connected, like you are me
> in past
> > >life or something.. perhaps we are all just 1 split consciousness.
> >
> > This sort of stuff adds nothing and just makes you seem weird.
> >
> > >I feel, myself, like I'm at my limit, been for many many months.. due
> to my
> > >never-ending eye problem..
> > >Sensitive or not, computers seemed to heal me mentally.
> >
> > Perhaps you should take a bit of a break from the internet. Go outside,
> breathe the winter/summer air, etc.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Miles.
>

> I was planning a new personality anyways, thanks for the heads up.. sometimes
> self-judging can be difficult and you helped in that way.
> I guess I liked being childish, but I do not like all of consequences of
> that.
>
> I guess swearing is cool, regardless: I agree that my vocabulary is
> limited, or
> at least my usage of it, I also planned on dramaticaly expanding it, but
> that'd
> significantly increase my body's CPU usage when composing sentences, so I'll
> have to see that trough to the end.
>
> I liked acting like a monkey, but not being treated like one.. I guess stupid
> of me, huh?
> Perhaps that's one of ways I let out my stress/anger out without even
> realizing
> it.. so irresponsable!
>
> Because of you, I grow, so I thank you deeply.
>
> I apologize to everyone not who got offended, but to whom I was just a waste
> of time.
>
> P.S. I like some of vocabulary that the Christian bibles use such as 'thy',
> 'thereforth', 'whom', etc.
> I guess a suckless bonus for those who read: I use a homemade one-liner to
> browse trough words be it for a grammar check or just to remember the word
> itself:
>
> /* Output the list of words to dmenu, and after the user choose one, output
> * that to xclip and remove the last newline character(if exists) */
> static const char dmenudict[] =
> "cat /usr/share/dict/words | dmenu -c -l 40 -i -p 'Word:' -nb '#222222'
> -nf \
> '#bbbbbb' -sb '#FFFFFF' -sf '#000000' | xclip -i -r";
>
> I like how one could do just a couple of letters at the start, end and the
> middle and it will give you the word you were looking for, which is
> perfect for
> grammar-checking, for example searching for "po s ble" when wanting to
> know how
> "possible" is spelled, etc.
> The /usr/share/dict/words file might be in another path if it exist on the OS

Hey, Fossy,

please be mindful of how you style your e-mails, when there is a quoted
text, it is necessary to have an 'arrow' [>] at the start of each line,
otherwise it is not considered a quoted text. For example, this part:

> > I don't think anyone is shocked by your messages. They just come off as
> crass. Imagine going to a conference in real life and one of the
> speakers goes on a 10 min rant filled with swearing and irrelevant
> material halfway through his talk. Some people might be offended. Most
> would be thinking "why am I wasting my time on this idiot?".

means that only the first line is from the e-mail you have responded to,
the other four are from your very own keyboard (quoted in this case
because I am responding to that text).

It's not a super huge deal, but it can mess up for example my highliting
in neomutt and could confuse some threading in different mailing clients.

To see the messed up highlight, see attached image.

Have a good one.
--
# Marcel Plch
/\                        - against proprietary attachments

highlight.png
(image/png attachment: highlight.png)