Re: [dev] Suckless paint/graphic editor program

From: Dave Blanchard <dave_AT_killthe.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2023 16:32:27 -0500

On Mon, 03 Jul 2023 15:30:40 -0500
Fernando <fernandoreyesavila3_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to create some simple logos for webpages with a graphic
> editor program. In the past, I have used paint from plan9fromuserspace
> but it's quite limited in features (colors, drawing shapes).
>
> I am looking for a graphics editor that can:
> *use color
> *can draw basic lines and shapes
> *easy to build (like suckless programs)
>
> I know the last criterion really limits the options but I seriously
> don't want to deal with complicated build systems to do basic logos.
> Perhaps the program used to make the suckless.org favicons and other
> logos would qualify. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
> Fernando

Hi, mtpaint and azpainter are two good choices for this job. Both are lean and simple paint programs, and azpainter doesn't even use any widget framework, just the bare X11 API. Both are easily built using the standard configure/make/make install process; azpainter should have something like CC=gcc on the configure line in order to select the desired compiler.

Dave