Re: [dev] Announcing a couple small X11 utilities

From: NRK <nrk_AT_disroot.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2023 12:43:18 +0600

On Thu, Jul 06, 2023 at 03:43:31PM -0400, fossy_AT_dnmx.org wrote:
> I love such tools.. Is it possible to make something console-based?

Most terminal emulators (I think?) already have some option to
dump the screen content into some image format. If not, I don't
think it'd be difficult feature to add to the terminal -
especially for simple image formats like ppm or farbfeld.

And it makes more sense for it to be done by the terminal
emulator, since it /already/ has parsed all the escape codes and
rendered a pixmap - instead of doing it via an external tool
which would need to duplicate all that work.

- NRK