Re: [dev] Suckless DNS server

From: Jan Klemkow <j.klemkow_AT_wemelug.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 22:43:14 +0200

On Wed, 19 Jul 2023 16:42:58 +0200 (CEST), Sagar Acharya wrote:
> Please let us know authoritative and recursive DNS servers.

I also use unbound and nsd in official setups, because its OpenBSD
default and I need to serve more than A and AAAA records.

In testing setups I like dnsmasq, because it way easier to configure.
You don't have to deal with "complex" zone files. dnsmasq just serves
the content of the /etc/hosts file.

Thus, from my suckless perspective I would recommend dnsmasq. But, if
you need more than A/AAAA records (e.g. for DNSSEC or Mailing) nsd is
fine.

bye,
Jan