Re: [dev] [edit] Introducing edit, a simple text editor

From: David Demelier <markand_AT_malikania.fr>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 09:02:32 +0200

On Wed, 2023-09-27 at 22:33 +0200, Страхиња Радић wrote:
> On closer inspection, termbox2.h does include signal.h itself[1], and
> additionally defines _XOPEN_SOURCE[2] and _DEFAULT_SOURCE, so the
> inclusion of
> signal.h can't be escaped.
>
> My testing has shown that when -std=c99 is specified, it is as if
> that switch
> explicitly undefines _DEFAULT_SOURCE/_XOPEN_SOURCE **defined inside
> the header
> file** (this is the weird part). If -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE is given as an
> argument,

This,

I've been played several times with -std and
_POSIX_C_SOURCE/_XOPEN_SOURCE and experienced many different behavior
depending on the system and libc. Example, I remember that setting
_XOPEN_SOURCE could hide non-standard functions which can still be
useful as long as you take care of the proper #define.

Not sure if that helps but I eventually stopped adding flags at all and
use just the defaults everywhere. Otherwise I'd be glad to understand
if there is a complete and strict conformance explanation on those
combinations.

--
David