Re: [dev] A secure wireless protocol

From: Sergey Matveev <stargrave+suckless_AT_stargrave.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 14:35:30 +0300

*** Sagar Acharya [2023-10-15 16:33]:
>How is libcrypto of libressl?

Just a library with numerous algorithms. There are plenty of others.

>It has no encryption. What about ed448 and aes?

Generally no asymmetric encryption is used in modern protocols.
Only signing and key exchange operations as a rule.

>Where can I find a comparison of all or maximum number of encryption algos and their speeds?

For example LibreSSL/OpenSSL has "openssl list" command and "speed".
https://bench.cr.yp.to/
*25519 as a rule the fastest among well-studied asymmetric algorithms
https://cr.yp.to/ecdh.html
Anyway, why do you want to know that information? Are you going to
implement your own cryptographic protocol? If no, then you should
look/choose existing implementations/solutions and benchmark/compare
them, because even slow-as-hell RSA can be a tiny part of overall
computations and the speed of just DH/sign operation can be negligible
and play no role.

--
Sergey Matveev (http://www.stargrave.org/)