Re: [dev] [Bug][sbase] make install borked since commit ddde8021

From: Randy Palamar <palamar_AT_ualberta.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 07:59:29 -0600

> That is one of the jobs of the -p switch to mkdir. However, without -p,
> mkdir is not allowed to ignore failure like that.

Once I looked in more detail I realized that was the case so I didn't
send the patch. It was not how I previously thought about the -p
switch though.

> Plus I didn't know mkdir could fail with EISDIR. My manpage is not
> documenting that case.

It's probably legacy nonsense or from some obscure platform that I
noticed when checking other implementations [0].

- Randy

PS It seems I will need to switch my mailer because I don't think my
other patch fixing this issue made it through. Quentin's patches
supersede it though.

[0]: https://git.busybox.net/busybox/tree/libbb/make_directory.c#n99