Re: [dev] A secure wireless protocol

From: Josh Lawrence <joshlawrence_AT_fastmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 13:37:55 -0600

Hello Sagar,

> Currently, all phones use WiFi, GSM, Bluetooth networks in practically
> all applications. For WiFi and Bluetooth replacements, do you have any
> alternate network in mind which caters to only local public and private
> keys.

Here in the US, wireless communications are tightly controlled by the FCC. I just began my studies to become a licensed amateur radio operator ("HAM"), and it's clear to me from my studies that anything that broadcasts unlicensed signals will be quickly located and shut down. There may be bands that are not as tightly controlled, I'll need to defer to someone smarter than me.

All of this is US-specific, I have no clue about other countries' regulations.

--
Josh Lawrence
joshlawrence_AT_fastmail.com