Re: [dev] gtk2 without atk

From: Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 15:38:56 -0800

On Thu, Jan 11, 2024 at 09:46:15PM +0000, stefan11111 wrote:
> Is anyone else here interested in this?
> Does anyone have similar projects?

I think there's nothing wrong with wanting slimmer software, and I could
see myself using this, but re: the README, "like atk and accessiblilty
nonsense," I don't think it's nonsense to want to make it easier for
people with disabilities to use software.

I was going to comment that sentiment of "**I** don't need it, so it's
nonsense" reminds me of some past discussions on the suckless lists
where some people complained about supporting non-Latin character sets
in graphical projects by way of fallback font logic, and then as I was
looking through the commit history, I saw that you deleted tons of
translation and language support files...

Eric