Re: [dev] [st] XTSMGRAPHICS query

From: Tim Culverhouse <tim_AT_timculverhouse.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 07:39:23 -0500

On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 02:54:19 CST, Hiltjo Posthuma wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Thanks for the report.
>
> Which TUI library did you write? Some real life programs to test it against
> would be useful too.

The library is https://sr.ht/~rockorager/vaxis. I have already moved all queries
in it to the alt screen so this bug does not actually occur in it anymore, but I
still thought I should report in the interest of more robust software.

Notcurses does perform this query when using `direct mode`. You can observe the
bug when using the demo program from the notcurses library `ncls`. It is subtle
but you will see blank lines immediately after the prompt before any output
(from the scroll up operation). https://notcurses.com/

> I'll happily look at your patch when you send one,

Thanks! I will work on one this week.

--
Tim