Re: [dev] [sbase] Defining scope of sbase and ubase

From: NRK <nrk_AT_disroot.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 06:18:12 +0000

> Everything in the quoted part seems personal preference.

I've been managing my vim plugins with git submodules via vim's builtin
"packadd" directory structure (~/.config/vim/pack/plugins/start/...).
And I can tell you that trying to do anything remotely non-trivial with
them is simply not a pleasant experience.

Recent example, there's no way to simply rename a submodule (the --name
argument to `submodule add`). You need to edit `.gitmodule` file,
edit `.git/config` file along with updating the .git symlinks inside the
module and `.git/module` and probably who knows what else. At the end, I
just `rm -rf` everything and re-cloned all the modules.

Maybe in the future git submodule's UI will be better but as of now it's
a PITA to use.

- NRK